Saturday, May 16, 2009

Life in Colorado Springs

Well, golly it's been a while! Tyler drove up here April 26, and I stayed home to finish finals. My sweet Grandma Jensen passed away and her funeral was held April 28th. It was beautiful, but sad to not have her sweet, upbeat, always positive and excited personality with us anymore. I sure miss her.



My last final was on Thursday the 30th, and I told tyler I had two finals so I could surprise him by getting to him sooner. I'll tell ya, that drive is a LOOOOOONNNNGGGGGG one, especially by yourself, trying to keep track of where you were an hour and a half earily (so I could keep ty thinking I was behind where I was), take a wrong turn heading west on I-70 instead of East, and run low on the special kind of Audi oil. I was so tired by the time I finally pulled in to the apartments, but my surprise plan worked out perfectly!! I called Ty as I parked and told him that I was just about to enter Denver! Two seconds later I knocked on the door and walked in. Ty's face was so funny!!! He had no idea who was just walking into his apartment. But he was very relieved and surprised that it was me!! :D And impressed that I had him thinking I was an hour behind all 9 1/2 hours of my crazy adventure drive!

May 1st was Shawn's 31st birthday(my brother) and our one year wedding anniversary!!! One year!!! Tyler got me the most beautiful flowers that smelt amazing! And he took me out to a delicious restaraunt called The Elephant. I ordered some very tasty salmon, and Tyler got a spicey chicken and rice plate. I got Tyler his 2nd favorite movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and we both got each other the SAME CARD!!! hahaha, funny. :)





Work has been busy!!! I pretty much work from 9am to 10-11:30pm, sometimes later. It's been so insane, but it's slowly starting to slow down. :) awww, that's why I have time to write this! :) Tyler is also working super hard. He's been so busy training, doing meetings, driving guys all over the place, answering their phone calls when they have questions on the doors, getting incentive money organized and out, paperwork, recruiting, dealing with drama within the guys, and much much more! These are some crazy times, but it'll all be worth it! One thing we've both noticed and are so grateful for is we're actually growing closer together during this busy time. We don't come home stressed and fight, we come home stressed and then being together eases the stress tramendously. :)I love my husband!!!

AND!!!! May 15th, was my 21st Birthday!!! :D It started out by Ty taking me to The Egg and I for breakfast. I ordered the 2nd best pancake I have ever eaten!!! It was HUGE!!! And there were raspberries and granola cooked into the pancake! Ohhhhh, my goodness!!! And the outside of the pancake was slightly crunchy. Oh, oh, oh, the perfect pancake!! mmmmm, and it came with yogurt to put on top. I love yogurt on my pancakes!!! Delicious. Tyler got buscuits and gravy, hash browns, and eggs.




Then we went and bought some doughnuts for the guys and brought them to the meeting. They all sang Happy Birthday to me and wished me the best birthday ever. Several were surprised that I would NOT be drinking on my 21st birthday, and joked that it was a waste of a 21st birthday. haha.

Then the guys headed out and I was doing my office thang, when the was a knock on the door. I answered and to my surprise there was a man holding the most beautiful assortment of flowers!!! I couldn't believe it!!! They are so beautiful! They were sent to me from Tyler's family! Thank you so much!!!!










After work Tyler ordered some Papa Johns pizza and invited Bruce and Jenn over to eat it and the most awesome Ice Cream Cake EVER!!! I LOVE ice cream cake!!!









After that Tyler gave me my presents! Conditioner!!! We haven't had any since we moved here! A paper towel holder, a new bigger Britta water purifier, and TWILIGHT the movie! :) Thanks Love!!! What an amazing birthday!!! And thank you to everyone!!! I don't think I've ever been wished Happy Birthday more times any other birthday. All the guys here wished me a Happy Birthday every time they spoke to me, I had a ton of text messages, and my whole facebook profile was filled with friends and family wishing me a happy 21!! Thank you so much!!! I love you all!!! :D

1 comment:

Shawn Jensen said...

Its about time...just kidding. I know that you are super busy, and I am glad that you guys are getting such awesome work experience. Those skills come in handy at the office and at home. I am glad that you guys are so happy and that being busy has only strengthened your relationship. CO Springs looks so beautiful. I wish we could find a way to come out and visit, but I take take anymore time off work between my sisters wedding and YW Camp (which is this week). Post more pics of Jenn and Bruce, we don't get to see those guys or here what is going on with them enough. Glad you had such a great bday and anniversary.