Tuesday, July 29, 2008

America's Biggest, America's Best!

Hello! Well, I've got a lot of catching up to do! A week ago Sunday Tyler and I went on a drive up Mount Evans. It's the highest paved road in the World! It went up to over 14,000 feet!!! Sick I know! We pulled over a couple times to walk around and take pictures. There were so many cool things to see and take pictures of that our camera ran out of battery right as we got to the top! BUMMER!!! But luckily we noticed there was a little disposable camera in the glove compartment. So we pulled that out and got a few on top. It was amazing up there! We had to hike/rock climb a little to get to the highest point. It was beautiful!

Since then we've gone to see Batman (AWESOME) and Ironman. We loved Batman! I'm so sad Heath Ledger is dead, he played the Joker most amazingly! Ironman was pretty good. Honestly I thought it was really predictable and felt like I was watching a different version of the Hulk, which I really liked, but some parts of Ironman reminded me of the Hulk and it kind of ruined it for me. It was for sure entertaining though! Tyler loved it! He absolutely loved the very end, but I won't spoil it for any of you who haven't seen it. Tyler now likes to refer to himself as Ironman and will correct me if I call him otherwise, ha, I guess he's doing better now that it's been a few days.

Last Friday morning Tyler and I went to the Highlands Ranch Temple with a few other Comcast guys and Lyndi. It's a small temple, but wonderful non-the-less. Then on Sunday we had the missionaries over for dinner. We figured that we'd do something fun, and they were coming over right after church so we wouldn't have much time to make something fresh that fast. So we went to Papa Merphy's Saturday night and picked up a take and bake pizza and breadsticks. We fixed the most amazing salad and brownies to go with it.
It was so good to have the missionaries over. They're good guys, and there's such a powerful spirit about them. Go Missionaries!!!!

Yesterday Tyler took the day off work and so did Jack and Alyssa, and we all went to WaterWorld!!! It was so fun!!! It's the 7th biggest/best waterpark in the world! There was so much to do! We were there all day and didn't get to do everything. The rides were all very exciting.
There was a wave pool, however there was only one wave about every 5 minutes. But the size of the wave was insane! It was like really being in the ocean. The water was even salty! The first wave we saw blew us away, we were so surprised at the size!
Needless to say, we had a blast! And to top the day off we found a Costa Vida that wasn't too far from our house! I've been craving Costa Vida all summer long! :)

Today, it's back to work for both Tyler and I! But next week the owner of Stampede is coming out and renting boats and wave runners, so more excitement is on the way! We love you all and love being married! The most wonderful blessing I enjoy daily is to have Tyler as my husband.

2 comments:

The Jensen Family said...

Yay I am glad you guys got to go to waterworld!! It is my favorite!!!

liz + josh said...

looks like you guys are having fun in colorado... waterworld is fabulous, isn't it?! you have to keep going back in order to do everything!